New Yoga styles: Acro Yoga and Aerial Yoga?
Are you looking for something new to try? Do you love yoga but ar getting somewhat?
There are many new forms of yoga popping up around the world. Some are just variations of traditional yoga while others are completely unique and some would argue, not yoga anymore. In this article, we'll look at two new types of yoga: Acro Yoga and Aerial Yoga.
What is aerial yoga?
Aerial yoga is a type of yoga that uses a hammock or fabric suspended from the ceiling to support your body. This allows you to perform traditional yoga poses in a new way, using your body weight and gravity to deepen your stretch.
With its combination of asana and aerial arts , aerial yoga offers a unique experience that can be enjoyed by all levels of yogis.
Many people are intimidated by aerial yoga at first, but don't worry the classes are designed for all skill levels. A beginner-friendly class can help you learn the basics as your body dangles from the ceiling.
Benefits of aerial yoga
One of the main benefits of aerial yoga is that it can help improve your breath awareness and tone your core muscles. The hammock provides gentle traction on your spine, which can help decompress the vertebrae and release tension in the back.
In addition, the suspension gives you a sense of lightness and space that can help you focus on your breath and connect with your innermost self.
An aerial yoga practice may also help:
Relieve the pressure that’s accumulated in our bodies
Gently decompress the vertebrae of our spine.
Aerial yoga facilitates low impact exercises
You'll be able to adjust the intensity of the exercise to suit your level
Promote the release of endorphins "A hormone that boosts your mood".
Enhance your mind-body connection
Improved mental health
What to expect from your first aerial yoga class?
If you've never tried yoga before, don't worry you don't need any prior knowledge or experience to take an aerial yoga class. Aerial yoga is a gentle and relaxing form of yoga that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities.
During an aerial yoga class, you will be supported by a soft fabric hammock suspended from the ceiling. The hammock will help you to achieve some of the traditional yoga poses, as well as some more advanced positions that would be difficult to do on the ground.
Don't worry if you've never done yoga before – the teacher will guide you through each pose and give you instruction on how to use the hammock for support. By the end of the class, you'll feel refreshed, relaxed and ready to take on the world!
1. You’ll feel like a kid again! Aerial yoga is all about fun and play. It’s not an intense workout; instead, it encourages you to have fun and enjoy yourself.
2. You’ll work on your balance. Aerial yoga is a great way to improve your balance and coordination skills.
3. You’ll develop flexibility. Flexibility isn’t just about being able to touch your toes. It also has positive effects on every part of your body, including your spine!
4. It feels amazing
What is Acro yoga?
Acro yoga or “acrobatic” yoga is similar to partner yoga, except instead of just holding poses together, you'll use your bodies as a canvas. It originated in the late 1990s and has since become a popular form of physical exercise in many countries around the world.
It is also known as a form of circus gymnastics, aerial yoga or acrobatic yoga. Acro yoga usually involves one partner lying down on his or her back while flipping the other one around with their feet. The lucky one on top gets to do the poses. It can involve acrobats performing tricks on high bars, hanging from bridges, or making use of their bodies to manipulate objects like hoops and balls.
With its mix of gymnastics, dance and yoga movements, acro yoga can be an excellent way for people who are not particularly athletic or flexible to get into shape.
The main goal of acro yoga is to build strength in the body through controlled breathing and movement patterns that mimic those found in traditional Hatha or Vinyasa Flow yoga practices with acrobatics.
Benefits of Acro yoga
The core muscles can often be neglected in traditional yoga practices, which can lead to back pain and poor posture. Acro yoga helps strengthen these muscles and build core strength by promoting proper alignment and form during each pose. In addition, acro yoga also improves flexibility, balance and coordination.
It also helps build relationships with other people and yourself. It’s a good way to meet new people and make friends, whether you’re just starting out or have been practicing for years.
An acro yoga practice may also help:
Be alert and in your body
Boosts your confidence
It may help with concentration and the ability to think
What to expect from your first acro yoga class?
If you’ve never done acro yoga before, be prepared for a mind-body experience unlike any other. Acro yoga classes are often high-energy. It can be fun but it also involves a lot of discipline. One needs to take this seriously to avoid injury.
The instructors will likely challenge you to try poses and moves that seem impossible at first glance, but with some practice and patience, they may soon become second nature.
If you feel nervous about trying something new or being put in a position where your balance is challenged, don’t worry! Your partner will do their best to help you get through it safely and comfortably.
1. You’ll learn to trust: Acro yoga teaches you how to trust yourself and others. It helps you develop self-confidence and build trust within relationships. The idea behind this is that when you can trust someone else, you can trust yourself.
2. You’ll gain strength: You’ll also find that acro yoga builds muscle strength and endurance. In addition to building core strength, you’ll strengthen your arms, legs, back, shoulders, and neck.
3. You’ll have fun: You’ll laugh as you struggle to hold on to each other. You’ll smile as you fall into each other’s arms. And you’ll cry as you release all those pent up emotions.
4. You’ll grow closer: Acro yoga brings people together. People who would otherwise not know each other come together to share common interests and goals.
5. Meet amazing people: Acro yoga has been called “the most social form of yoga.” When you join a group of like-minded individuals, you’re bound to make friends.
6. You’ll discover a deeper connection to yourself: When you practice acro yoga, you’ll connect to your body and soul. You’ll notice how much stronger you feel after just one session.
7. Improve your health: Acro yoga improves flexibility, balance, coordination, and posture. It strengthens muscles, increases blood flow, and relieves stress.