This can be a morning ritual, an afternoon pick-me-up, or a late-night treat. It makes the perfect drink to accompany your yoga practice. There are days when for whatever reason, I don't really feel like eating much but I know I need to nourish my body. It often happens to me on yoga retreats and trainings. Your body is just processing so much energy that even of you don't feel like eating, you still need to take care of yourself on a physical level. I am happy to share one of my favourite yoga drinks here with you.
• 1 1/2 cups strongly brewed chai tea, chilled
• 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
• 4-6 dates, chopped
• 2 bananas, chopped and frozen
• 1 avocado
• 1/4″ slice fresh ginger
• 3-4 leaves of kale
• cacao nibs, for garnish, optional
1. Combine all of the ingredients (except the cacao nibs) in a blender.
2. Stop the blender and stir occasionally if necessary.
3. Process until smooth and creamy.
4. Top with cacao nibs, if using, and serve immediately.